[WikiCaretakers] Report about EU/Microsoft expenses

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Thu Sep 1 12:33:29 CEST 2016

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 10:24:36AM +0200, Florian Snow wrote:
> Johannes Zarl-Zierl <jzarl at fsfe.org> writes:
> > It is up to you to decide which categories to use. Pages don't have to
> > belong to any category...
>
> It's been a while since I had time to update the wiki, but if a page
> does not fit into a category, shouldn't we find a new category?
> Otherwise, there will be tons of pages again at some point that are hard
> to find because they cannot be seen in overview pages for a category you
> would expect them in.  At least in the beginning, we said each page
> should belong to at least one category.  Has this changed or am I
> misremembering it?

your mixing up Categories with tose-we-have-no-consistent-name-for. The
Namespaces/Sections.

We can always make up new namespaces if required, e.g. as we did with
HowTos, but we shouldn't have too many small ones, a Misc Section
should serve indexing and ordering purpose if in doubt.

Categories on the other hand, those things that are linked to at the bottom
of an article, are free fire for Wiki authors. A look at
http://wiki.fsfe.org/Category _should_ prevent conflicts, but I expect that
CareTakes will need to tidy this up from time to time.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉