[WikiCaretakers] Introducing the FSFE S-H SLA

Johannes Zarl-Zierl jzarl at fsfe.org
Fri Nov 18 20:29:26 CET 2016

On Freitag, 18. November 2016 09:23:10 CET Jonas Oberg wrote:
>   https://wiki.fsfe.org/Teams/System-Hackers/SLA
>
> Please have a look and reflect upon what this means for the wikicaretakers
> team.

Since the wiki caretakers are currently just normal users of the wiki, I don't
see how the SLA affects us.

From my perspective, we are currently in a cosy place:
 - we don't care about the underlying OS
 - the MoinMoin software is handled for us
 - we can focus on wiki content instead of wiki administration

We "buy" this convenience with some disadvantages:
 - We cannot install wiki plugins or alter the wiki itself in any way (CSS,
file system permissions)
 - If something goes wrong, we need an admin to fix things

For me, the benefits of higher access privileges simply are not worth losing
the convenience.

Cheers,
  Johannes

--