[WikiCaretakers] Conclusions? [was: Wiki - not open to external volunteers?]

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Fri Nov 11 13:19:26 CET 2016

Hi Johannes,

> We currently only use Category/Inactive for the reasons stated above. You can
> always negate a category search: "-category:Category/Inactive"

Right, good point. So only Category/Inactive then.

> I'm not sure if we are on the same page here. As currently used, the Category/
> <Country> categories are intended to mark country-specific information.

Ah! I see, yes, that makes sense. So let's keep it in this way.

> I would also like some guidenance about the language used for that
> information. Based on my experiences with the Teams template, I would
> say that
> having the information in English benefits us wiki caretakers. OTOH "normal"
> readers of those pages should be able to read the information in their native
> language (this is even more important for local group pages).
>
> Maybe a bilingual information block would be a compromise?

That's a good point. Do you think this should or could be explicit or
should we just encourage people to add bilingual information to existing
fields where relevant? For instance:

I'm slightly in favor of this, as I would not expect more languages than
one version in English and one in the native tongue for the group.
Well, aside from complicated regions where you may have

:-)

Sincerely,

--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your donation enables our work (fsfe.org/donate)