[WikiCaretakers] Conclusions? [was: Wiki - not open to external volunteers?]

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Wed Nov 9 14:40:02 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm including Erik in this discussion for input, and Fernando, as I hope
Fernando can help with some work on this once we establish the parameters.
To start: this is about getting our Teams onto the wiki.

This was my thoughts:

> We have the Teams and LocalGroups namespaces, but this misses a little bit
> the country teams. In order to make our teams easy to find, it's not very
> suitable if the WikiCaretakers team, for instance, is listed together with
> 20+ country teams (ideally).
>
> What I would love to have, and please give comments on this, is a Teams
> page structured something like this:
>
>     Blah blah introduction
>
>     Topical teams
>     -------------
>     System-hackers   WikiCaretakers   Translators ...
>
>     Country teams
>     -------------
>     Austria      Nordics     France    Germany ...
>
>     Local groups
>     ------------
>     Aberdeen   Bari   Berlin   Athens  Vienna ...

jzarl suggested using categories to separate topical and country teams,
so we would have two categories:

   Category/CountryTeam Category/TopicalTeam

And the teams otherwise sorted in the namespaces LocalGroups/ and Teams/

In addition, we also have a category for inactive teams:

   Category/Inactive Category/Active

And each local group also has their own category, for instance
Category/Austria.

I think this all makes sense as a structure, and would be easily
achievable based on what we now have.

What we are missing are reasonable templates. We started using one
for our teams, but I think we also need to have something for the
local groups. To start this, we need to define what information
we expect any team to fill out on their page. They may add additional
information, of course, but the basics should be there.

>From my side, I would like each team or group to have information
about:

 The coordinator and (if appointed) deputy coordinator
 The mailing list(s) used for exchange between members
 A 1-3 sentence description of the team
 Information about how someone becomes active (join mailing list,
    get in touch with coordinator, etc)

--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your donation enables our work (fsfe.org/donate)