[WikiCaretakers] Requesting full R/W access

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 11 19:32:48 CEST 2016

Wiki Care Takers have no authority over ACLs, and I think the fact that a
group wasn't able to handle their ACLs at some point, doesn't sanction
overriding their access rules entirely.

System hackers have access to the underlying data storage but the purpose of
this is limited to technical administration, not interference with page
content.

You should indeed have access to most of the pages where ACLs are currently
messed up, but this merely means we should sit together with the groups, and
help them tidy up their ACLs.
I also know from the migration, that the number of pages, which would be
affected here is very modest.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 02:57:56PM +0000, Max Mehl wrote:
> I'd like to ask you to provide my account max.mehl with full read and
> write privileges in the FSFE wiki. The reason for that is that in my
> role as coordinator of the German Team I've seen quite a few pages which
> should normally be accessible for all Group/German members but most
> likely set their ACL options only to single account names.

I make you an offer. I will find out where this seems to be the case, then
we can turn the permissions into sensible group rules easily, and check back
with people from the groups before changing them. In the Berlin office I can
probably do that over the desk in most cases, or in our chitchat meeting on
thursday.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉