[WikiCaretakers] [Wiki] Font-weight 300 -> 400

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Sat Aug 6 16:51:10 CEST 2016

On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 04:17:20PM +0200, Thomas Doczkal wrote:
> Have you installed the required fonts?

That might aid in bug analysis, but ultimatively it should not play much of a
role for a web site supposed to be interoperable.

Anyway I have made the experience, that rendering of fonts can be very, very
different in different browsers. This is also why I did not consider it
worthwile to waste several hundred kilobytes of non-compressible page weight
on delivering a web font which, alternatingly, will either be displayed badly
or worse.
Any snob who cares about fonts will probably have Roboto installed anyway, I
hear it is the latest fashion ;-)

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉