[REUSE] Unable to complete registration for REUSE Booster

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 10 10:13:40 UTC 2021

Hi Minyong Li,

~ Minyong (Bill) Li [2021-06-10 11:58 +0200]:
> I happened to come across reuse.software on 9 June and discovered this
> great activity. I tried to register, but when visiting the confirmation
> link I can only get a 404 Not Found page saying "No such pending
> confirmation ID". My first trial has NoScript enabled so I tried twice
> this morning with NoScript globally disabled, but still I can only get a
> 404. I use a Firefox 88.0.1 on Linux. Could you please take a look into it?

Thank you for your interest in REUSE and REUSE Booster specifically!

I can confirm that you've successfully registered your project, actually
two times. It seems your email client or email provider clicked the
link for you already. Some systems to that, apparently for phishing
prevention reasons.

After clicking the link once, the confirmation code is deleted. That is
why you receive this "error". We are evaluating some ways to prevent
that in our system here [^1].

Best,
Max

[^1]: https://git.fsfe.org/fsfe-system-hackers/forms/issues/12

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl