[REUSE] REUSE.yaml

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Wed May 5 08:30:06 UTC 2021

Hi Nico,

~ Nico Rikken [2021-05-04 23:20 +0200]:
> I'm missing any discussion on how the globbing will be implemented,
> but I expect it to work similar to a .gitignore file.

True, we didn't touch that yet, as well as the exact format of the YAML
or JSON file. From the four options we've shared for discussion [^1],
only option 4 has been disapproved in the recent SPDX call as it
introduces new keys ("license" and "copyright").

Regarding path globbing, there is the pathspec library [^2] that
supports the gitignore patterns, which also is natively available on
Debian for example. I could well imagine that this could be a viable
globbing standard. However, please feel free to raise your voice if you
have concerns or better ideas.

Best,
Max

[^1]: https://lists.fsfe.org/pipermail/reuse/2020q3/000085.html

[^2]: https://pypi.org/project/pathspec/

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl