[REUSE] FSFE's Successes with Encouraging REUSE Adoption in Free Software Projects (NGI0)

Gabriel Ku Wei Bin gabriel.ku at fsfe.org
Tue May 4 15:39:59 UTC 2021

Hi all,

For those of you who may not be aware, the FSFE has been involved in the
Next Generation Internet Zero (NGI0) Initiative, a project from the
European Commission. A very important part of what we do there is to
help developing Free Software projects involved in adopt REUSE as a
standard. These software projects deal either with improving user
privacy on the internet, or with how information is searched for and
retrieved on the internet.

I'm very glad to say that our endeavors for REUSE adoption have been
very successful so far in the 2.5 years that we've been involved in this
initiative. We've just today released a news item about this, where you
can read more details about the progress that we've made there if you
like. Link is included below, thanks!

https://fsfe.org/news/2021/news-20210504-01.en.html

Best,
Gabriel