[REUSE] In-depth look into how KDE adopted REUSE

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Tue Dec 15 11:13:59 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well.

More and more communities and companies include the REUSE best practices
into their policies. Just with the REUSE API there are currently 336
projects registered as compliant [^1]. At the FSFE, we wanted to have a
closer look at how communities manage and experience the adoption
process.

Therefore, I am pleased to share an interview with Andreas Cord-Landwehr
with you that we've published today. He drove the process of making the
KDE frameworks REUSE compliant, with code that is partly older than some
of the project's contributors.

  https://fsfe.org/news/2020/news-20201215-01.html

He also shares a few interesting ideas about how the REUSE ecosystem
could evolve. I would be thrilled to learn about your opinions on this,
and generally whether you can relate to Andreas' experiences.

Best,
Max

[^1]: https://api.reuse.software/projects

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl