[REUSE] SPDX/REUSE Updates in KDE Land

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Thu Sep 10 12:17:52 UTC 2020

Hi Andreas,

~ Andreas Cord-Landwehr [2020-08-16 08:27 +0200]:
> Hi, I would like to give a short update about what currently is happening in
> KDE regarding SPDX markers and REUSE. -- If this is not the right list, please
> tell me; but right now I assume that you are interested :)

That's the best place for such news, good choice! :)

> During the last months we converted all of our KDE frameworks to REUSE
> compatible license information and copyright statements (at least those files
> that contain copyright information for now). A short status update is here:
> https://cordlandwehr.wordpress.com/2020/08/14/spdx-for-kf5-kf6-status-update/

Woah, that's wonderful news! Congratulations, and thanks for writing up
your experiences. It is also amazing that other KDE repos are in the
process of adopting the REUSE best practices.

Side question: on the REUSE website, we are planning to highlight some
prominent adopters. May I add KDE's logo to this section?

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl