[REUSE] REUSE.yaml

Matija Šuklje matija at suklje.name
Wed Jul 22 11:54:05 UTC 2020

Die 21. 07. 20 et hora 08:44 Geyer-Blaumeiser Lars (IOC/PDL4) scripsit:
> I like the idea, but just a thought. There is the new yaml format in SPDX
> 2.2, and we are thinking around using this format to mark certain folders
> as open source component,

That is a great idea.

But you’d really go make a full SPDX valid file for that? How?  There are
quite a few fields there that are obligatory.

One potential issue might be the hash value. For marking 3rd party code that’s
a great boon, but for marking your own living code that might be a bit of a
issue, if you need to change the hash value every time the code changes.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm:	tel:+386.41.849.552