[REUSE] Handle copyright and licensing of snippets

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 20 15:17:09 UTC 2020

~ Max Mehl [2020-03-13 10:22 +0100]:
> ~ nicolas1.toussaint at orange.com [2020-03-13 09:50 +0100]:
>>  > REUSE-Snippet-* vs SPDX-Snippet*
>> Definitely in favor of aligning with SPDX standard, for standardization
>> reasons,
>>   but also to facilitate automatic detection.
>> BUT, they are useless without corresponding END tags
>>   -> should we see with SPDX team to add them ?
>
> Yes, that would be another set of questions/improvements (in addition to
> potential tags for a repurposed LICENSE or a LICENSE.reuse file) to
> discuss with them.

I've started a thread on spdx-legal@ in which I propose a (IMHO
feasible) compromise in my latest email. As Nico already stated, we are
all in for collaboration with SPDX to not create two differing
standards, so let's hope we will come to a decision which makes
handling of snippets easy for developers and tools!

Feel free to chime in here: https://lists.spdx.org/g/Spdx-legal/message/2851

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl