[REUSE] License folder hack?

Matija Å uklje matija at suklje.name
Sat Jun 13 21:43:34 UTC 2020

Die 11. 06. 20 et hora 15:46 Lucas Lasota scripsit:
> One of the projects reached us with a question, with something that
> seems to work. The project could have a LICENSE file at root and a
> LICENSES folder? Kubernetes seems to be doing that:
>
> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes
>
> Although not technically REUSE compliant, it could be admitted as a
> temporary hack?

Having a `LICENSE` file, as long as you have a `LICENSES/` folder is
technically REUSE compliant (and intentionally so).

We are aware of the GitHub preference of the simple LICENSE file over having to
check a whole folder we are in talks with them to improve the correctness and
usefulness of their license check by parsing the whole LICENSES/ folder. There
is no ETA though.

In the mean time, what you say sounds an acceptable hack.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm:	tel:+386.41.849.552