[REUSE] Introduce folder.license file

Geyer-Blaumeiser Lars (IOC/PDL4) Lars.Geyer-Blaumeiser at bosch.io
Fri Mar 6 15:41:01 UTC 2020

Some thoughts here

You propse to have the file right beside the folder. I understand this due to the similarity to the mechanism for files, but I would rather prefer to have the file inside the folder. Why, because it makes the connection to the folder clearer, if the file is beside the folder it might be difficult to see the association because, e.g., dependending on the browser the files might be shown separately from the folders and the association for a human looking at the parent folder is difficult.

If it is entered into the folder, it might be favorable to use a naming scheme that make the folder license easily detectable, like choosing a name that typically ends up first in the list, e.g., using '_' as first character.

Will the license file allow to reflect multiple licenses, it could be that the copyright holder and even the licenses differ for the different files referenced? Or which mechanism would allow to make as few license references as possible but allowing the possibility of different information for different sets of files?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr. Lars Geyer-Blaumeiser

Project Delivery - Open Source Services (IOC/PDL4)
Bosch.IO GmbH | Stuttgarter Straße 130 | 71332 Waiblingen | GERMANY | www.bosch.io
Mobil +49 172 4815079 | lars.geyer-blaumeiser at bosch.io

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic, Yvonne Reckling