[REUSE] [Reuse] Presentation today

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 13 12:35:48 UTC 2020

Hello Peter,

* Peter Moser (NOI Südtirol/Alto Adige) [2020-01-13 11:14 +0100]:
> It was a success. Most people gave us positive feedback about the presentation, but also the reuse initiative/tool, and your website explaining licensing and related issues.
> Many of our guests did not even think of licensing, or have had issues to motivate their developers or them self to integrate proper licensing information. We had several thumbs-up regarding the reuse tool, which would make their lives easier.
> A few people even thought of their personal "open source software" projects to be per-default open, and that copyright and licensing only applies if they would like to make it proprietary. They thought of licensing as a burden to a developer and not as a process to give more freedoms to others.

Thanks. That is a very good feedback.

One idea to spread reuse more: Do you think some of them want to
recommend reuse in their social networks?

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - President - Free Software Foundation Europe
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin, Germany | t +49-30-27595290