[Reuse] Minutes of FOSDEM meeting

Matija Šuklje matija at suklje.name
Wed Feb 20 14:21:30 UTC 2019

Dear Carmen,

thanks for writing this up. Looks like proper minutes to me and I
don’t remember anything that you didn’t write down already :)

Die 5. 02. 19 et hora 15:10 Carmen Bianca Bakker scripsit:
>   + Possibly reduce Python version from 3.5 to 3.3/3.4 for teams
> that are stuck on old Python versions.  Python 2 is out of the
> question.

I checked with our guys and it seems the problem is that the
forelast macOS version (what in Debian terms would be “oldstable”)
has Python 2.7 by default, but the latest (“stable”) has already
3.7.

So IMHO 3.5 is quite acceptable, and people stuck on “oldstable”
can simply install a newer version of Python (perhaps we can list
a few options how to do that).

cheers,
Matija
--