[Reuse] Introduction new team member

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Mon Feb 11 17:13:47 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I am Max, Programme Manager with the FSFE. I would love to become part
of the REUSE project and help pushing it forward. With this email I
would like to introduce myself to those who don't know me, and outline a
few parts of the project I could be of help for.

For the FSFE, I am coordinating a few projects, for example the "Public
Money? Public Code!" initiative [^1] or the EU project FOSS4SMEs which
will create learning materials about Free Software for people working in
SMEs [^2]. I am also supporting our technical teams, although I am no
technician by profession but a political scientist.

What fascinates me about REUSE is the intersection of individual
developers, the practical needs of companies, and the legal aspect of
licence compliance. I also like its mix of technical tools and
human-understandable guidelines.

I hope I can add some value when it comes to explaining technical things
to non-techies, boiling down complicated information to a few lines of
text, and creating symbiosis with other projects inside and outside of
the FSFE. At the same time, I am also keen on learning more about
practical licence compliance.

If you have any further questions about me, please do not hesitate to
get in touch with me. I am looking forward to working with you on this
exciting initiative!

Best,
Max

[^1]: https://publiccode.eu

[^2]: https://fsfe.org/activities/foss4smes/

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl