[FSFE PR][EN] Introducing Wilhelm Tux, the new FSFE associate

Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) press at germany.fsfeurope.org
Mon Aug 16 13:12:45 CEST 2004

Introducing Wilhelm Tux, the new FSFE associate

The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) and Wilhelm Tux proudly
declare that Wilhelm Tux, a Swiss Free Software organisation, has
officially become associate organisation of the FSFE.

Becoming part of the network and competence centre for Free Software
is something that the Swiss Free Software enthusiasts had planned for
some time now: "This is indeed great news for all members and friends
of Wilhelm Tux, as this adds a new brick to the road ahead promoting
Free Software in Switzerland. We are eager to continue raising the
interest for Free Software in a Free Society, especially in Switzerland
universally known as a land of Freedom", says Myriam Schweingruber,
president of Wilhelm Tux. Her colleague Alex Schröder adds:
"Our active members and friends are working in all parts of Switzerland,
beyond geographical or lingustic barriers, be it in the German, the
French or the Italian, not to forget the Romansh part of the country to
raise the interest in Free Software and also the philosophical, social
and economical issues related to it."

The collaboration with the FSFE is of great importance as its work
has always been an example to Wilhelmtux and "of course we hope
to contribute with our work in the construction of a Free Society",
Myriam Schweingruber concludes.

"We are very happy to have taken our co-operation with Wilhelm Tux to
the next level," Georg Greve, president of FSFE comments. "We had
very good co-operation and contact before, so this was a rather easy
and joyful decision for us. We are very much looking forward to
working with our Swiss friends for more Freedom."

About the Free Software Foundation Europe

   The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is a charitable
   non-governmental organization dedicated to all aspects of Free
   Software in Europe. Access to software determines who may participate
   in a digital society. Therefore the Freedoms to use, copy, modify and
   redistribute software - as described in the Free Software definition -
   allow equal participation in the information age. Creating awareness
   for these issues, securing Free Software politically and legally, and
   giving people Freedom by supporting development of Free Software are
   central issues of the FSFE, which was founded in 2001 as the
   European sister organization of the Free Software Foundation in the
   United States.

   Further information: http://www.fsfeurope.org

--
Joachim Jakobs <jj at office.fsfeurope.org>