[FSFE PR][FR] The Document Foundation and the FSFE strengthen their relationship

press at fsfeurope.org press at fsfeurope.org
Wed Aug 17 09:24:04 CEST 2016

 = The Document Foundation and the FSFE strengthen their relationship =

[ Version en ligne: https://fsfe.org/news/2016/news-20160817-01.fr.html ]

The Free Software Foundation (FSFE) is joining the Advisory Board of The
Document Foundation[1]. At the same time, The Document Foundation is
becoming an associated organisation of the FSFE[2].

The Free Software Foundation Europe's aim is to help people control
technology instead of the other way around. However, this is a goal
which no single organisation can achieve on its own. Associated
organisations are entities that share the FSFE's vision and support the
foundation and Free Software in general by encouraging people to use and
develop Free Software, by helping organisations understand how Free
Software contributes to freedom, transparency and self-determination,
and by removing barriers to Free Software adoption.

With this mutual expression of support, both organisations strengthen
one another in their fight to keep the general public in the
technological driver's seat. While the FSFE embodies the principles of
the community movement working in support of the adoption of Free
Software in companies, public administrations and for private citizens,
the Document Foundation turns principles and ethics into actual
products, putting a first class, fully-featured, and completely free
productivity suite in the hands of users.

"We are happy to welcome the Free Software Foundation Europe as a member
of our Advisory Board. Together, we will able to further develop the
adoption of Free Software in Europe, amongst public administrations and
enterprises", said Eike Rathke, a Director of The Document Foundation[3]
and a long time Free Software advocate and hacker.

"We believe it is important to join forces with all the organisations
active in Free Software around Europe," said Matthias Kirschner[4],
President of the Free Software Foundation Europe, "and work together to
reach our common goals. With our associated organisations we want to
show that we are a strong and cohesive movement, and we work to achieve
common objectives. To do this, we exchange ideas, coordinate efforts,
motivate each other, and find opportunities to work together on specific
projects. This is the case with The Document Foundation, steward of one
of the most successful Free Software projects: LibreOffice".

--
Free Software Foundation Europe <https://fsfe.org>
FSFE News <https://fsfe.org/news/news.en.rss>

 1. https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/advisory-board/
 2. https://fsfe.org/associates/associates.fr.html
 3. https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/board/
 4. https://fsfe.org/about/kirschner/kirschner.fr.html

  == About the Free Software Foundation Europe ==

  The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is a non-profit
  non-governmental organisation active in many European countries and
  involved in many global activities. Access to software determines
  participation in a digital society. To secure equal participation in
  the information age, as well as freedom of competition, the Free
  Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) pursues and is dedicated to the
  furthering of Free Software, defined by the freedoms to use, study,
  modify and copy. Founded in 2001, creating awareness for these issues,
  securing Free Software politically and legally, and giving people
  Freedom by supporting development of Free Software are central issues
  of the FSFE.

  http://fsfe.org/