[FSFE PR][ES] Expert Brochure to Modernise Public Digital Infrastructure with Public Code - Translated Versions Online

press en fsfe.org press en fsfe.org
Mar Mar 10 11:05:07 UTC 2020

 = Expert Brochure to Modernise Public Digital Infrastructure with Public Code - Translated Versions Online =

[ Read online: https://fsfe.org/news/2020/news-20200310-01.es.html ]

What is Free Software? How does it contribute to digital sovereignty,
security and transparency of state digital infrastructure? Which steps
can public administrations take? These and more questions are answered
in our publication "Public Money Public Code – Modernising Public
Infrastructure with Free Software". After the successful release of the
English version of our brochure we translated it into three more
languages: German, Czech and Brazilian Portuguese.

The recent debates about digital sovereignty show that the desire for
self-determined government action in the field of digitisation is
immense. Digital services offered and used by our public administrations
are the critical infrastructure of 21st century. In order to establish
trustworthy systems, public bodies must ensure they have full control
over the software and the computer systems at the core of our state
digital infrastructure. We need software that helps public
administrations regain sovereignty over their critical digital
infrastructure, allowing them to become and remain independent from a
handful of companies.

The brochure summarises the FSFE's long-term expertise with additional
knowledge from leading experts in various ICT areas. It helps readers
understand Free Software and its benefits for a modern digital public
infrastructure. Hot topics covered include the avoidance of vendor lock-
in, improvement of IT security through openness, exploring different
business models, handling of procurement issues, and learning from
innovative approaches to smart cities.

 == Get your copy now ==

You can download a PDF version of the brochure or order a printed
version on the brochure page [1]. The document is licensed as CC BY-SA
4.0. Available languages printed and PDF: English, German; available
languages PDF: Czech, and Brazilian Portuguese.

We would like to thank the volunteers and partners who have contributed
to translate the brochure. If you would like to enable the translation
into more languages, you can help us with a donation or by becoming a
supporter [2].

The brochure is published as part of the FSFE's "Public Money? Public
Code!" initiative. With a strong alliance of the administration of
Barcelona, the Parliament of Asturias, over 180 organisations, and more
than 27.000 individuals, we demand that publicly financed software
development should be made publicly available under Free Software
licenses. You can sign our open letter and find out more at
publiccode.eu [3].

 1: https://fsfe.org/campaigns/publiccode/brochure.es.html
 2: https://my.fsfe.org/donate
 3: https://publiccode.eu/

  == About the Free Software Foundation Europe ==

  Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to
  control technology. Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our
  lives; and it is important that this technology empowers rather than
  restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the rights to use,
  understand, adapt and share software. These rights help support other
  fundamental freedoms like freedom of speech, press and privacy.

  The FSFE helps individuals and organisations to understand how Free
  Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination.
  It enhances users' rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software
  adoption, encourage people to use and develop Free Software, and
  provide resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software
  in Europe.

  http://fsfe.org