[FSFE PR][ES] Show your love for Free Software

Free Software Foundation Europe press en fsfeurope.org
Mar Feb 11 12:25:55 CET 2014

= Show your love for Free Software =

[Read online: http://fsfe.org/news/2014/news-20140211-01.es.html]

On 14th February, the Free Software Foundation Europe asks all Free
Software users to think about the dedicated hard-working people in the
Free Software community and to show them their appreciation like last
year[1].

    "Every day, we use Free Software and often take it for granted. We
    write bug reports, tell others how they should improve their
    software, or ask them for new features. Often we are not shy about
    criticising. So, to let the people in Free Software receive a
    positive feedback once a year, there is the 'I love Free Software
    day'." says FSFE's vice president Matthias Kirschner, who initiated
    the #ilovefs campaign[2] in 2010.

For the "I love Free Software Day"[3] the FSFE has several suggestions
how to show your love creatively to the people behind Free Software,
including:

- Write an e-mail or letter to contributors expressing how much you like
  what they are doing.

- Share your feelings about Free Software in social networks and
  microblogs using #ilovefs[4]. Or write a blog post about your
  favourite Free Software application.

- Buy your favourite contributor a drink. Or buy someone else a drink
  and while enjoying it, tell her/him about your favourite Free Software
  program.

- Give a contributor a hug (ask for permission first). You might wonder
  how many Free Software developers live in your area!

- Help us collecting quotes for our testimonials of people loving Free
  Software[5]. Ask developers, artists, politicians, or other users to
  send their quote to fellowship fsfeurope.org.

- Take a picture of yourself showing your feelings for Free Software,
  and post them online.

- Donate to Free Software initiatives[6] or to FSFE[7] to express your
  gratitude. They depend on your contribution to continue their work. So
  check out your favourite organisation and make a donation. You can be
  sure they will love you back.

- Finally you can help spread the love by sharing the campaign
  banners[8], by e-mail, (micro)blog or by spreading through any social
  network (please use the hashtag #ilovefs for this).

    "Free Software gains its strenghts by the community and the ability
    to work together and join forces." says Matthias Kirschner. "We
    should not underestimate the power of a simple "thank you" for
    people who are easing our everyday work. So say thank you on 14th
    February!"

 1. http://fsfe.org/news/2013/news-20130221-01.es.html
 2. http://ilovefs.org
 3. http://ilovefs.org
 4. https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ilovefs
 5. http://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/whylovefs/whylovefs.es.html
 6. https://wiki.fsfe.org/DonateToFreeSoftwareProjects
 7. http://fsfe.org/donate/donate.es.html
 8. http://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/artwork/artwork.es.html

  == About the Free Software Foundation Europe ==

  The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is a non-profit
  non-governmental organisation active in many European countries and
  involved in many global activities. Access to software determines
  participation in a digital society. To secure equal participation in
  the information age, as well as freedom of competition, the Free
  Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) pursues and is dedicated to the
  furthering of Free Software, defined by the freedoms to use, study,
  modify and copy. Founded in 2001, creating awareness for these issues,
  securing Free Software politically and legally, and giving people
  Freedom by supporting development of Free Software are central issues
  of the FSFE.

  http://fsfe.org/