[Milano] OSCAL call for papers (Tirana, 19-20 May)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Feb 28 11:53:23 CET 2018

On 26/02/18 07:39, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> On 25/02/18 21:56, Alexjan Carraturo wrote:
>>
>> Ho Daniel,
>>
>> Sounds as a really interesting event. What kind of speech their are
>> looking for. Technical, promotional, community?
>>

> Any.  It is a very young audience, over 50% of them are university
> students from Albania and other Balkan countries like Kosovo.  Some of
> them are learning about free software for the first time so talks that
> give an introduction to something new are helpful.  For example, I gave
> a talk about ham radio and SDR last year, photos are on my blog[1].

I'd like to introduce Kristi and Anisa (on CC), they are part of the
organizing team for OSCAL but coincidentally, Kristi is also one of our
FSFE interns until the end of this month and Anisa actually visits
Milano from time to time as she has relatives there.  They also came to
Switzerland last year to give talks about diversity, it is a popular
topic and their talks are really enjoyable.

If people have questions about OSCAL you are very welcome to email
either of them directly or you can also ask through the Open Labs forum:

https://forum.openlabs.cc/