[Fellowship-Slovenia] Use of ODF in Slovenian public admins

Matija Šuklje hook at fsfe.org
Fri Jan 10 12:04:30 UTC 2014

Dear Maël and Basil,

Die 10. 01. 14 et hora 12:20:05 Maël Brunet scripsit:
> Strange, from a cursory review it seems that they support the use of the
> latest version of ODF but only the old binary Microsoft Office formats, not
> OOXML. Would you be able to confirm this?

That is indeed what is says. It explicitly states that the MS Office formats
have to be compatible with the XP/2003 version or *older*.

It also states that the ODF version should be compatible with ODF 1.2.

Of the top of my head, that might not be a bad move — newer versions of MS
Office support ODF, so from those users you can just use that.

Interestingly § 5 states that as long as the documents are internally
circulated, these can be in any format as long as all parties involved agree
on it.

§ 6 simply states that the status quo in EU is that a consensus is still
needed between member states and that most used formats are:

 -	ODF (as the candidate for *the* standard format in EU)
 -	PDF
 -	MS Office XP/2003

Hope this helps.

cheers,
Matija
--
Legal Coordinator & Coordinator Slovenia
Free Software Foundation Europe
e-mail: hook at fsfe.org    █▉█▉█▉ || priv. e-mail: matija at suklje.name
xmpp: hook at jabber.fsfe.org ▉▉   || priv. xmpp: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
sip: matija_suklje at ippi.fr      || gsm: +386 40 690 890