[Fellowship-Slovenia] Free Software and law related links 15.VIII.2011 - 21.VIII.2011

Matija Šuklje hook at fsfe.org
Mon Aug 22 16:27:05 UTC 2011

Regarding Free Software Licensing, FSF explains some more why companies should
switch to GPLv3 and the Linux Foundation publishes version 1.0 of SPDX —
their standard format for communicating free software license and copyright
information.

I would also like to point you out to a recent evolvement in the US regarding
Software Patents — read Does not compute: court says only hard math is
patentable.

W3C made it now made easier to initiate new development projects (see Open
Standards).

In the Other interesting links section under the title All Your BASH Are
Belong to Us you will find a disturbing tale of a legal case featuring BASH
scripts.

Last but not least, I would like to thank Diego J. Naranjo Barroso — FSFE's
new intern — for helping me gather the articles for this week. Also I would
like to thank Natalia Evdokimova again for her help with this update for the
past months.

full article:
http://matija.suklje.name/?q=node/255

cheers,
Matija
--
FSFE Legal Coordinator
and Fellowship group Slovenia Coordinator
e-mail: hook at fsfe.org    █▉█▉█▉ || priv. e-mail: matija at suklje.name
xmpp: hook at jabber.fsfe.org ▉▉   || priv. xmpp: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
sip: hook at ekiga.net             || gsm: +386 41 849 552