fsfe-nl

Rutger van Sleen (NLLGG) rutger.van.sleen at nllgg.nl
Fri Dec 21 14:19:23 CET 2012

Hello all,

I haven't seen a reply to this one, so this is an attempt to get some
of
the facts straight.

Karsten Gerloff schreef op 29-10-2012 16:34:
> Hi everyone,
>
> @Mark: I hope you're doing well, despite the heavy workload in your
> new job!
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 02:20:16AM +0200, Mark Lamers wrote:
>> As i took a new job last summer, i haven't been that active for the
>> FSFE
>> in the Netherlands. The job is heavier as expected. I don't see a
>> improvement in free / spare time.
>> For now i resign as coordinator for the Dutch Fellows and ask you to
>> select a new coordinator among you. I discussed this with Rainer.
>> Rainer would like to see you at the boot at T-Dose to discuss this.
>
> At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any activity regarding the
> "unlocking education" campaign. As far as I can tell, there's also
> currently no prospect of anyone taking this up again and driving
> it -- is that correct?
>
> Is there anyone here who would like to take this back up again?

Jan Stedehouder, who started the campaign, has retired it. Since the
Dutch government had gone into re-election, Jan thought it was time to
move on and see what the new-chosen government would do. He also stated
that he wasn't going to pull it off, according to Jan someone else who
can devote his/her time to it would be a better candidate.

> If that's not the case, would it be ok if we de-listed the campaign
> from our website at
>
> 	https://fsfe.org/campaigns/campaigns.en.html
>
> for the time being?
>
> Naturally, we'll keep everything archived. If this comes back to
> life, we'll be very happy to re-post the materials.

I think personally that it's okay to take it offline, unless somebody
jumps into action right now.

> Is there any other way in which we can help you to work for Free
> Software?
>
> I'm copying Rainer Kersten and our Erik Albers, both of whom will
> do what they can for you.

First of all, I haven't seen a notification of the new Dutch 'leader'.
As far as I have heard, Maurice Verheesen was too slow to run away from
getting elected on T-DOSE. ;)

Second, how many Dutchies are reading this and what do they want to
do?

Third, I would love to invite FSFE(-NL) to join one (or more) meetings
of the NLLGG. The next one would be a week after FOSDEM, 9 februari.

Kind regards,

--
     _   _ _     _     ____  ____     |  Rutger van Sleen
    | \ | | |   | |   / ___|/ ___|    |  Voorzitter
  Nederlandse Linux Gebruikers Groep  |  e: rutger.van.sleen at nllgg.nl