[fsfe-it] FTF, gpl-violations e l'how-to per riportare abusi di licenze libere

Giacomo Poderi giacomo.poderi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 22:17:34 CET 2008

Alcuni risultati concreti della collaborazione tra FTF e gpl-violations

http://www.fsfeurope.org/news/2008/news-20081208-01.en.html
http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/ftf/reporting-fixing-violations.en.html

=====================
FTF and gpl-violations release a guide to reporting and fixing licence
violations

FSFE's Freedom Task Force (FTF) and GPL-Violations.org today released a
guide to reporting and fixing licence compliance issues. This guide will
help users and developers to deal with license violation reports. It
explains how to make a report, what information is useful to include,
and offers suggestions for how projects or businesses can deal with
reports once they are received.

The guide is released as part of the strategic partnership between the
FTF and GPL-Violations.org, who work together to improve licensing
awareness and compliance in Europe. It is located on the new FTF
website, http://www.fsfeurope.org/ftf/, along with information on how
projects and businesses can get help with understanding Free Software
licences. Translations into several European languages will be made
available during coming weeks from the FTF website.

"The best way to solve compliance issues is to prevent them happening in
the first place", says Shane Coughlan, FTF Coordinator. "We work to
support this by educating the community at large. When problems do
occur, we want people to be able to share information and resolve them
effectively."
About the Freedom Task Force

The Freedom Task Force is a project run by Free Software Foundation
Europe to help people understand Free Software licensing and the
opportunities it presents. We offer educational services, facilitate
larger infrastructure activities and manage FSFE's legal affairs. Our
goals are to share knowledge about Free Software law, to safeguard the
interests of Free Software projects, to connect experts in this field
and to help other groups achieve similar goals. We believe in positive,
constructive dialogue and seek at all times to support the long-term
sustainability of Free Software.

The FTF's homepage can be found at http://fsfeurope.org/ftf

You can contact us via email: ftf @ fsfeurope.org
You can phone us at:

     * Belgium: +32 2 747 03 57 Ext. 22
     * Germany: +49 700 373 38 76 73 Ext. 22
     * Sweden: +46 31 7802160 Ext. 22
     * Switzerland: +41 43 500 03 66 Ext. 22
     * UK: +44 29 200 08 17 7 Ext. 22

Press contact: Shane Coughlan, FTF Coordinator, FSFE extension: 408
About gpl-violations.org

In the past 40 months, gpl-violations.org has helped uncover and
negotiate more than 100 GPL violations and has obtained numerous
out-of-court settlement agreements. The gpl-violations.org project is a
not-for-profit effort to bring commercial users and vendors of Free
Software into compliance with the licence conditions as set forth by the
original authors. The project was founded and is managed by Mr. Harald
Welte, a Linux Kernel developer and Free Software enthusiast.

For more information on the project, its mission, milestones and goals,
please see http://gpl-violations.org
About the Free Software Foundation Europe

The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is a non-profit
non-governmental organisation active in many European countries and
involved in many global activities. Access to software determines
participation in a digital society. To secure equal participation in the
information age, as well as freedom of competition, the Free Software
Foundation Europe (FSFE) pursues and is dedicated to the furthering of
Free Software, defined by the freedoms to use, study, modify and copy.
Founded in 2001, creating awareness for these issues, securing Free
Software politically and legally, and giving people Freedom by
supporting development of Free Software are central issues of the FSFE.

You will find further information about the work of the FSFE at
http://www.fsfeurope.org/.
Contact

     * Belgium: +32 2 747 03 57
     * Germany: +49 700 373 38 76 73