[Fsfe-ie] visiting Ireland, local groups and meetings?

Ben North ben at redfrontdoor.org
Tue Jan 23 17:13:19 CET 2018

Hi Daniel,

> One idea I had in mind is a visit for the St Patrick's day weekend.  Is
> there much interest in free software activities on a weekend like that
> or do people prefer to go away or do other things?  Could it be a useful
> opportunity to have a small event, inviting visitors from other
> countries too or would people prefer to just meet for a meal or a pint?

Might be a few things going on for people, and I see the actual St
Patrick's day is on the Saturday, so aiming for a pint on the Thursday
before (15th) might work?

> My project in Ireland also appears on my blog[1] today, I would welcome
> any feedback that people have.
> 1. https://danielpocock.com/keeping-an-irish-home-warm-and-free

Interesting --- there are good points there about long-term
serviceability and control of things in your own home.  I don't know
the ins and outs of the grant, but it would be cool to be able to get
funding for development of a free-software-based heating controller!

Ben.