[Fsfe-ie] visiting Ireland, local groups and meetings?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed May 10 18:25:57 CEST 2017

Hi everybody,

I'm visiting Ireland from time to time and would be interested in
getting to know other local members of the fellowship and Ireland's free
software community in general.

I've also been visiting Berlin this week and had some discussions with
the FSFE team and as the new fellowship representative, I'm keen to be
involved in communication between FSFE and the local groups.  As far as
I can tell I may be the first Irish (and Australian) member of the GA[1]
but hopefully not the last.

Are local members based in Dublin or other parts of the country as well?

Can anybody make any comments about events in Ireland where the FSFE
could have a presence or where it would be good to have visiting
speakers talking about free software topics?  I give talks about free
real-time communications from time to time and I can adapt the talk for
different audiences, either developers or users/non-technical audiences.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://fsfe.org/about/team.en.html