[Fsfe-ie] Input in Green Party European Manifesto

Éibhear ifso at gibiris.org
Fri Mar 27 23:23:38 CET 2009

Hi IFSO,

Long time no see (hear, read, lurk...)

Those of you who remember me might, also might remember that I am a
member of the Green Party.

At the moment, the party is finalising the manifesto for the european
elections.

<shamelessPlug>
Deirdre de Burca is running in Dublin, Dan Boyle in the South and Steven
Agnew in Northern Ireland. In light of the request I'm making below, I
would ask that you might consider them when you get to the polls in June.
</shamelessPlug>

A few weeks ago I offered to contribute on a number of items, and I
wanted to feature the issues of Free Software from an EU perspective. I
was going to give them some input on Software Patents, but as I have
been out of the loop w.r.t. Free Software campaigns in the EU recently,
I don't know what else to focus on.

Can I get a pointer or two of what IFSO's priorities are for the
upcoming EU Parliament? I need no more than the topic headings and some
links to useful resources. I will use this information then to submit a
contribution.

Thanks,

Éibhear

Smallprint: There's no guarantee that what I submit will be included in
the manifesto, completely or in part; but I hope IFSO, its members and
supporters will be pleased. Ta. É.