[Fsfe-ie] Further to last Tuesdays Meeting (slightly OT)

Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix - ompaul at eircom.net
Tue Aug 25 23:25:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

As Bob rightly pointed out there was a discussion about the use of the
word Technology.

Also, during the conversation the following book was mentioned:

ISBN 978-0-521-87928-6

The book is called "Against Intellectual Property".
Authors: Michele Boldrin, and David K. Levine.
While the subject is not core to this groups being, it is an interesting
book (so far, I only got it today).

While I was exploring this area I also came across a small tome (if
there can be such a thing).

ISBN 978-0-8018-8540-2

Michael McKeon's
The Secret History of Domesticity,
Public Private and the Division of Knowledge.

This also again while not core is an interesting study of how we got to
where we are today. I suppose it appeals to notion that if you don't
know how you got to where you are, how do you travel forward, or even
know that the direction you are going in is forward.

Now if only I could smooth this square I think we might be onto
something .... Oh someone in Australia patented it a few years ago, I
guess I will be finishing it in (20 - a few years) years.

Regards,
Paul