[Fsfe-ie] Software patents to be studied again at EPO

Teresa tmh1 at eircom.net
Mon Jul 23 14:00:18 CEST 2007

FYI

<SNIP>

"Scenarios for the future. How might IP regimes evolve by 2025? What
global legitimacy might such regimes have?"

Over the last two years the European Patent Office has interviewed
around 150 key players - including critics - from the fields of science,
business, politics, ethics, economics and law, for their opinions on how
the copyright and patent system might evolve over the coming years. Four
scenarios were developed which although focusing on patents, feature the
A2K movement, libraries, open access and open source software in a
readable, interesting compendium.

http://www.epo.org/focus/patent-system/scenarios-for-the-future.html