[Fsfe-ie] Discussion of ISO/OOXML at next meeting

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed Feb 14 15:31:43 CET 2007

MS's OOXML ISO application is going to become an issue soon, and this will
raise the profile of ODF and open standards debates.

So I think we should make this a main topic for the next meeting.

At SkyCon this weekend, myself and Gareth Eason will be trying to organise a
small discussion/BOF about this.  (BTW, a change since my last mail about
SkyCon is that Stallman won't now be speaking there.)

And on the 21st, I'll meet Mel McIntyre to talk about it, and he might also
be able to make the IFSO meeting.

One idea I'd like to discuss is organising a workshop some day and asking
someone from the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) to come and
tell us how best we can participate in the ISO procedure.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by