[Fsfe-ie] Help sought: improving menus in transcripts on ifso.ie

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed Nov 15 21:52:57 CET 2006

The menu in the transcript we made of RMS's swpat talk could be much better:
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/rms-2004-05-24.html

It's a useful document, and IIRC it's the most viewed page on ifso.ie, so
improving the menu would be worthwhile.  I've wanted to do it for months but
I never get around to it.

Here's an example of what I think is a good menu:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/bangalore-rms-transcript.en.html

If someone wanted to go even further, maybe each anchor within the
transcript should have three buttons for return to menu, next section, and
previous section.  But that would have to be done in a nice way, not to
clutter the transcript.

Also, our other four transcripts could be improved, menu-wise:
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/index.html#transcripts

Any takers, download a copy, tell the list that you're working on it, and
send your improved version to committee -at- ifso.ie when you're done.  (So
until there is a mail to this list saying someone is doing it, it is still
an open task.)

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by