[Fsfe-ie] Re: U.S. Office Joins an Effort to Improve Software Patents, by John Markoff, NY Times, 10 Jan 2006

teresahackett at eircom.net teresahackett at eircom.net
Wed Jan 11 12:37:22 CET 2006

I agree that it's interesting from the policy viewpoint. In 2003, the
USPTO opposed a meeting between WIPO and NGOs to discuss free software,
amongst other "open collaborative models". So whether this latest is a
change of position or tactic, it would seem unlikely that they could now
oppose an international meeting such as was planned.

http://www.cptech.org/ip/wipo/openwipo.html

Teresa