[Fsfe-ie] a recording and transcript of the GPLv3 conference opening

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Mon Feb 13 00:54:24 CET 2006

A video of the opening session from the January 16th GPLv3 process launch is
here:
http://gplv3.fsf.org/av/gplv3-draft1-release.ogg.torrent

It mostly consists of Eben Moglen walking through each change and why it was
made.

I have started making a transcript.

It's not finished, and because of the method I used, correcting mistakes was
very time-consuming, so when I made minor mistakes, I continued and did not
fix them.

I will repeat the process tomorrow and I will try to fix all the mistakes.

Also, I have not made a transcript of the questions and answers session.
Maybe I will - if I get time.

I have put the work-in-progress online:
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/gplv3-launch-2006-01-16.html

--