[Fsfe-ie] things we could do better: being aware of events, talks, consultations

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed Sep 28 01:55:33 CEST 2005

As I mentioned in my last post, Forfas hosted a talk about software patents,
given by an EPO attorney, in June 2005 - a month before the Big Vote.

We should have been aware of this at the time.  So that we don't miss more
events like this, we should try to keep an eye on the following:

http://www.forfas.ie
http://www.patentsoffice.ie/
http://www.entemp.ie

When I get time, I'm going to look for mailing lists / newsletters for these
organisations so that I (and anyone else) can sign up to to stay informed.
Does anyone else have suggestions for organisations to add to that list?

Recordings and transcripts for forfas' last series of talks (including the
above mentioned June '05 swpat talk) are available on the forfas talks page:
http://www.forfas.ie/news/intellectual_property/

(Also, I just found http://www.cai.ie/ while looking around the Net.  Anyone
heard of them? "Copyright Association of Ireland")

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, ___________________/        Join the Fellowship of FSFE to
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/ _/ support the campaigns against software