[Fsfe-ie] Anti-swpat talk, Nov 18th, IFSO organised, De Rossa hosted

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 12 03:31:15 CEST 2005

Informal announcement, not yet at the "please forward around" stage, just
FYI.

On the morning of Friday November 18th, 10am to 1pm, MEP Proinsias De Rossa
will be hosting an anti-swpat event, organised by IFSO, in Dublin city
centre.

That much is sure, the following is fairly-sure but can be changed:

De Rossa will open with a quick presentation of how the Directive looked
inside the parliament.  Someone from the IFSO committee will give an intro
to IFSO and FS.  I'll give a talk about the wins and failings of our work
which culminated in the rejection of the Directive.  We're planning to fly
in another speaker to give a swpat-related talk.  And it will all end with a
panel-style Q&A session.

At some point in the middle there may be a coffee break.

The venue will hold around 60, so we won't need a big crowd-building drive.

More details during the week.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, ___________________/        Join the Fellowship of FSFE to
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/ _/ support the campaigns against software