[Fsfe-ie] supporting FSFE's Fellowship

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Fri Nov 18 12:51:35 CET 2005

 || On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:41:55 -0800
 || jm at jmason.org (Justin Mason) wrote:

 jm> Even EFF allows membership at $25, and their average membership
 jm> fee is apparently $65.  That's a lot lower.

The minimum contribution is 60 EUR. 120 EUR is the recommended amount,
everyone gets to choose how much they can and want to contribute, some
have contributed more, more have contributed less.

I'm not sure what the $25 to EFF entail, but with all the things the
Fellowship offers -- in particular the SmartCard -- this would mainly
cover the costs and not contribute to our work. Counting the time
invested, it might even amount to a loss.

The minimum amount of 60 EUR breaks down to 5 EUR per month, or a
weekly contribution of 1.25 EUR. So we are talking in the scope of

 * one beer per month
 * one expensive cappucino per month
 * one cheap pizza per month

or

 * one croissant per week
 * one bag of chips every two weeks
 * a liter of milk per week

which we hope enough people will find themselves willing to invest in
something they believe in. Knowing that this is the kind of commitment
all Fellows make also makes the Fellowship numbers more meaningful.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>