[Fsfe-ie] Wiki noise (administrivia)

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Tue May 24 20:24:01 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, May 24, 2005 at 10:48 -0700, Justin Mason wrote:

> Glenn -- any chance it could use something like
> http://jmason.org/software/patches/moin-1.2.2-jm-commitmails.patch:539 ?
> it's really much more useful as it sends the full diffs of changes
> to the list, which is a good way to spur discussion.

The patch looks fine to me (it's against an earlier version but I can
see how to hand-apply it in our version). I'm slightly concerned about
sending a large volume of unwanted mail to this list (there were 21
edits today, although some of them were flagged trivial and didn't
generate any mail).

It's definitely true that getting the diffs is more useful than just
seeing the one-line edit comment (which is why I get email for every
edit).

(sidebar - I'm only guessing at the use from the example - which has
your email address as the target - but couldn't you just subscribe to
"all pages+trivial edits" to get the same effect? Apologies if I've
misunderstood what it does)

--
Glenn Strong