[Fsfe-ie] IFSO sends s/w patents briefing document to Irish MEPs

Barry O'Donovan mail at barryodonovan.com
Wed Mar 16 00:59:03 CET 2005

Folks,

KDE (Ireland) and the committees of the Irish Linux Users' Group and the
Irish Free Software Organisation on behalf of their members sent a
briefing document (authored by myself, Colm Buckley, Ciaran O'Riordan
and with many contributions from others) to all Irish MEPs to explain
the issues surrounding Software Patentability & EU Directive
COD/2002/0047 as we see them and to impress upon them the importance of
voting against this directive in its current form.

It was printed, binded and posted in this morning's post (Tuesday). Full
details and copies can be found at:

http://www.kde.ie/patents/

I would like to thank all ILUG members that e-mailed their MEP(s) over
the last week. Those e-mails made a _hugh_ difference and the briefing
document was a direct result from requests for more information that we
received from a number of MEPs on foot of these e-mails.

I would also like to thank Malcolm Tyrrell, Noirin Plunkett, Niall O
Broin and Glenn Strong for their time and efforts in proof reading,
contributions and interest. And I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Kind regards,
Barry

--
Regards,