[Fsfe-ie] IFSO Wiki updates

IfsoWiki at ifso.ie IfsoWiki at ifso.ie
Mon Jun 20 09:00:02 CEST 2005

 * HashBang McWeeney/OurNextCDMon, 20 Jun 2005 07:00:02 -0000
     = Our Next CD =
    +
    + ''Update: 19 Jun 2005''
    +
    + Just checked that I'm not losing it... YES, magazines like "Linux Format";http://linuxformat.co.uk/ are dated a month before the calender.
    +
    + From the last update, the options that look very promising are Slax, DSL, and I'd very much like if some kind soul could download one of:
    +
    + "Gnome LiveCD";http://torrent.gnome.org/gnome-livecd-2.10.torrent
    +
    + "Gnoppix";ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/gnoppix/
    +
    + in time for this Tuesday's meeting... (grovel grovel)!
    +
    +
    + I've updated the

      ''Update: Linux Format 68 (July 2005)'' URL: http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/McWeeney/OurNextCD?action=diff
 * HashBang McWeeney/ProsAndCons;Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:00:02 -0000
     = Our Next CD -Candidates Pros and Cons =

      Appreciate the comments Glen and David.  I agree we need to make sure that "Free" matches our definitions, steady release cycle and size.
    +
    + '''IMHO''' the best starting position would be Beatrix but I'm open to all opinions.  This could be changed by my wishlist.  AtMission is new.  Release cycles are thick and fast for DSL and Slax, and as you know, 6monthly for Gnome and Hoary.

      == Wishlist ==

    @@ -99, +101 @@

      Same as Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog.

    + == ATMission ==
    +
    + "ATMission"; http://www.atconsultancy.nl/atmission/ is another knoppix, but Cowloop looks a bit hairy, after a certain amount of use, the cowloop gets full and you get read-write errors.  There are some boot options to adjust this, but I kinda lost interest there.