[Fsfe-ie] Re: Understanding the issues

conor.daly at cod.homelinux.org conor.daly at cod.homelinux.org
Mon Jul 11 12:52:52 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 10:30:54AM +0100 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions thought:
> > Now that we are 'off the hook' so to speak, do you think it would be
> > a good idea to create something that explains the issues?
>
> The issues need to be explained using language and examples that will
> attract the attention of SMEs and the disinterested.

Would Richard Stallman's "dangers of software patents" speech be a useful
resource? http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/stallman-mec-india.html (from
2000) and http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/stallman-patents.html (2002) and
a summary from 2004 at http://www.ariel.com.au/a/rms-unsw.html

Conor