[Fsfe-ie] Re: Understanding the issues

Barry Mahon barry.mahon at iol.ie
Sat Jul 9 19:18:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:00:13 +0200, <fsfe-ie-request at fsfeurope.org> wrote:

>> The Morning Ireland show this morning had another piece on the swpat
>> directive...
>
> I heard it. I don't think that the ISA person fully understands the
> issues.

Now that we are 'off the hook' so to speak, do you think it would be a good idea to create something that explains the issues? Typically the item in the IT after the vote was incredibly confused and looked like it had been edited to fit the space with a hatchet by a sub-ed who hadn't a clue.

Do we have enough valid contacts in the print media to get a reasoned article printed? I'd be happy to create a first draft which attempts to put the whole saga in context and explain the issues if we think it would be worthwhile.

Bye, Barry