[Fsfe-ie] McCreevy sees anti-s/w-pat-movement as anti-globalisation/anti-American

Malcolm Tyrrell malcoh0l at yahoo.ie
Wed Jul 6 10:48:48 CEST 2005

--- Alex Macfie <alex at cgce.net> wrote:
> > It also looks like the pro-patent lobby may push for a rejection of
> > the draft (which is bad):
>
> No, it's good [...] we can claim victory.

It is better than a bad directive. However, assuming it is voted down,
then we're back with "software as such" (aren't we?) and I expect
patent litigation to be fought and sometimes won because of the
ambiguity of that phrase.

I wouldn't be too keen on claiming a victory. I won't be suprised if
a media campaign attempts to blame our side for *obstructing
patent harmonisation in Europe*.

Malcohol.