[Fsfe-ie] The other Patents letter, V0

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Wed Jan 26 11:14:01 CET 2005

On Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 20:08 +0000, Glenn Strong wrote:
> On , January 25, 2005 at 15:34 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> > > persuade our MEP in JURI (Brian Crowley) to ask parliament to restart the
> > > directive.
> >
> > The current letter wouldn't be good for this purpose.  Crowley is well aware
> > of the problems and harms of software idea patents.  When we write to him,
> > we have to give legislative grounds for a restart, and show that this tough
> > measure is justified.
>
> I agree. I'm working up something based on our earlier letter. I'll
> pop it on the wiki later this evening and mail the list.

Evening, morning, who can tell any more.

http://www.ifso.ie/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/SoftwarePatents_2fJuriLetter1

There are many, many rough edges. Most notably there are some bullet
points near the end that need to be fleshed out and facts that need
checking.

The first thing we need, though, is the overall style & approach to be
checked. If you have time please give this a quick read through and
leave comments either on the wiki or by email to the list.

--
Glenn Strong