[Fsfe-ie] The cost of proprietary software

Harry Tormey slander at assassinationmedia.org
Fri Jan 21 11:02:16 CET 2005

Well you could still do some sort of study to illustrate how difficult
(expensive) it can be to extract data locked into a propritory system. I
will be doing something along these lines for my mothers company over
the summer.

I am sure their are lots of examples of big companies in Ireland having
to fork out an arm and a leg in order to move data off of their old
legacy systems. I think this is an area worth looking at.

-Harry