[Fsfe-ie] software patents: ep decided for restart!

Niall O'Higgins niallo at netsoc.ucd.ie
Wed Feb 2 23:39:56 CET 2005

Wow I knew my French would come in handy someday!

Overall this email has clearly been written by someone who gets it.
Sentences like:

"A computer is after all but a collection of mathematical formulas"

and

"The commission's second version of its directive, which totally
ignored the work of the parliament, takes a completely contrary
position to many points from its first version"

Let me just point out one hilarious sentence:

> La Présidence Irlandaise, dont  nous ne
> pouvons pas  être insensibles au fait que son Web site soit sponsorisé
> par Microsoft, a tenté de s'y employer en  classant le dossier dans les
> points  A,  prêts pour être adoptés sans débat.

This says:

The Irish presidency - whose website, one cannot ignore, is in fact
sponsored by Microsoft - have tried to have the bill adopted without
debate by classing it in points A.