[Fsfe-ie] Prison Over Patents? EU Law Unites Foes

teresahackett at eircom.net teresahackett at eircom.net
Thu Dec 15 18:46:00 CET 2005

Nope, it's another one. IPRED2 is the criminalisation of IP
infringements. The directive referred to in the FFII wiki page concerns
data retention. This was passed yesterday by the European Parliament and
involves the mass retention of data from telephone, email, sms, etc. for
varying lengths of time (Poland wants 15 years!).

More here:
http://www.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd[347]=x-347-496240&als[theme]=Data%20Retention

Teresa