[Fsfe-ie] IPRED2 draft 0.4

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Mon Aug 29 14:38:37 CEST 2005

On 29 Aug 2005, at 12:59, teresahackett at eircom.net wrote:

>> On 26 Aug 2005, at 21:00, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
>>
>>> There, a failing company called SCO has..
>>>

> We can't say this IMO. Can we leave out the failing/non-profitable
> angle or is this critical to the point? If so, we must make the
> point without risking being sued for defamation.

I think it is important to point to something factual that
illustrates SCO's desperation, but I agree with you on this point,
these guys are litigious SOBs and we should be careful about sweeping
statements.  One concrete example is that in Feb 2005 the judge in
the copyright case against IBM described SCO's lack of evidence as
"astonishing" (see http://www.computerworld.com/governmenttopics/
government/legalissues/story/0,10801,99721,00.html).

Ian.